TEACHER HARASSED OVER HIV STATUS

Saturday 6 June 2015

TEACHER HARASSED OVER HIV STATUS



Having had enough of her brother’s insults pertaining her HIV status, a school teacher from Nyazura approached the courts seeking a protection order last Monday.Godden Mufabeni and Sofia Mufabeni appeared before Mutare magistrate, Mrs Yeukai Chigodora, with Sofia praying for a protection order against her alleged abusive brother.

Sofia told the court that her brother constantly insults her accusing her of being HIV positive and that she was the cause of her husband’s death. “I have had enough of my brother who is constantly giving me trouble. He always says that I am HIV positive and am a mental patient.

“As if that is not enough he says I am responsible for the death of my husband. Most of the time he comes to my plot harassing my workers. He also takes farm produce without my consent.

Godden denied the allegations. “I oppose to this because everything she is saying are all lies. I only go to her plot to work when I ama hired. I am now starting to believe that there is a spirit that is following me,” said Godden.

Mrs Chigodora asked Godden why Sofia would take up a lie this far. A protection order was granted which bars either of the two from insulting and visiting each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment