WOMAN FLEES HUBBY IN SA, SEEKS DIVORCE IN BYO

Monday 1 June 2015

WOMAN FLEES HUBBY IN SA, SEEKS DIVORCE IN BYO

A BULAWAYO man yesterday said he was shocked after his wife dragged him to court seeking the dissolution of their 19-year-old marriage that he thought was secure.



An injiva, Thokozani Ncube of Emakhandeni, said he thought that things were still rosy between him and his wife, Nobuhle Ncube, but was surprised when she approached the courts seeking an end to their marriage.

He told magistrate Tawanda Muchemwa that he did not think it was something serious when he was summoned to court.

The couple has two children and Ncube said he still loved his wife and had thought they were going to overcome the minor differences that they had when they were both in South Africa.
“Your Worship, I still love my wife. I’m surprised that my wife wants a divorce. I know we had a misunderstanding but we had said that we would solve all our issues when I come back from South Africa,” said Ncube.
“My wife and I fought when we were in South Africa and she came back home. That is when our relatives said we were going to sit down and solve the problem when I come back home.”
Muchemwa advised them to go for counselling and ordered them to come back to court on July 3 if they still want to proceed with the matter.

Nobuhle told the court that she wanted divorce because Ncube confessed that he had lost love for her in the presence of their relatives.

She said she had moved out of their matrimonial home following the alleged confession.
“What I really want the court to do is to assist us especially in the sharing of property that I and Ncube acquired when we were still together,” she said.

Nobuhle said they acquired 17 head of cattle, a kitchen unit, a double door fridge, a three piece room divider, blankets and kitchen utensils. chronicle

No comments:

Post a Comment